02 January 2015

Watchnight: Waking to Dreams in 2015

I attended Watchnight worship / burning bowl / letter to God service at Unity of Washington, DC.  Pastor Sylvia Sumter spoke truth from the theme "Living Your Dream in 2015."

Key points of the sermon:
  • Living dreams is not a mystical, magical ride; it requires our participation.
  • Positive thinking and affirming the truth is not all there is to it.
  • Sleeping dreams is the soul communicating divine messages to self.
  • Waking dreams are dangerous, they make things happen!
"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds, wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible." --T. E. Lawrence
I am waking to my dreams in 2015.
I want to dream so BIG that what is possible is launched into the
impossible place where God alone abides-- only God can reveal it!

“Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.” -- The Queen to Alice (Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland)

Pastor Sumter challenged us to challenge our faith...
  • More faith in God creates bigger dreams.
  • My fear can no longer be bigger than my faith.
  • My faith must be bigger than my fears.
...and gave us very practical steps to living our dreams:
  • D-- determination. Stay focus and steadfast.
  • R-- requirements. What are prerequisites and requirements?
  • E-- effort. Daily efforts should reflect desire and determination.
  • A-- action. Make decisions and take definite steps.
  • M-- mindful of dream. Keep mind stayed on God's vision and my dreams.

I AM MY DREAM.
  

I am waking, fulfilling, and living ME in 2015!

No comments:

Post a Comment