01 January 2016

HNY2016 : 7 Things To Do Today


I suspect many will read this blog from the bed luxuriating in having an extended weekend, hungover with one eye open, or wired like a kid with a new bike at Christmas.  I am the latter. Definitely the latter. Holidays and birthdays are synonymous with insomnia for me.  I still just get too excited! I let my inner girl live and relive so many good, great, and awesome holiday experiences.  Alas, I digress.

Let me make this simple for you.  Happy NEW Year.  Today is a good day to:

Today is a good day
to be good to yourself. 





HAPPY NEW YEAR!
  1. Get a new toothbrush or change the toothbrush spinner head.  Be sure to swish the new one in hydrogen peroxide or white vinegar before using. 
  2. Toss ALL eye make up and brushes.  If you actually invested in high end make-up brushes, today is a good day to toss all eye makeup  and clean your brushes and let them air dry overnight. 
  3. Use a new set of bath towels. The ones you have been saving for company-- those. You are worth it. Besides, January is white sale (ala linens on sale) month and you can replace them with, guess what, new ones for the new year!
  4. Refresh your Fall and Winter outerwear with a cycle of home dry cleaning.  My favorite is by Woolite.  No bags, no mess. Spot clean with the treated sheet. Add to dryer, tumble and hats, scarves, gloves, jackets, shawls, parkas, hoodies, sweaters... everything comes out fresh, refreshed and ready for the next two months of cold. Unless you are in Boston, then expect six months of snow. 
  5. Read and toss the magazines which have piled up.  Skim. Read. Toss. Cancel that tree murdering scheme and upload to your table or smart phone. You will master a clutter free zone in a flick of the wrist and a few key strokes. Ask me how I know.  Just sharing the knowledge people! Thank me later.
  6. Take a nap. In front of the TV. While a marathon is running. And just be. At least for three hours. Reward yourself if you wake at midnight only to tinkle and turn the pillow over to the cool side. You earned it. 
  7. Hydrate. With water. With nothing in the water. Except ice. If you like ice. Hydrate. With water. All day. Sip, refill, and sip some more. 
Today is a good day to just be good to yourself in simple ways that do not require you to get dressed and which will last longer than resolutions. You are worth it. 

Happy New Year. 
Commit to creating the happiest year for you!
I will begin by crocheting these adorable house slippers!
Yes, I do happen to have purple yarn and a J hook on hand !



No comments:

Post a Comment